The ACC was federally incorporated in June 1991 as a not-for-profit charitable organization. Initially housed in the office of the Child Welfare League of Canada, a grant of $10,000 from the North American Council on Adoptable Children (NACAC) allowed the young organization to open its own office in Ottawa. The Canada’s Waiting Children program was launched in October 1997 with an initial grant from the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption of Dublin, Ohio.
Today, the ACC is largely a volunteer-based organization of passionate and dedicated members. It is supported by a full-time Executive Director, a full-time Project Coordinator, and a part-time Administrative Assistant.
Our Charitable Registration Number is: 13803 1596 RR0001
We are located at:
416-2249 Carling Ave.